Tuesday 2 October 2007









Ah, knitting...


... so relaxing...

...so...damn...fiddley!!!

I'm not very fast (or good), but I have completed some things. I've done an Every-new-knitter-knits-a-scarf-scarf (two of 'em), and a pair of fingerless glove things.




I'm currently knitting a pair of tights for my childhood dolly - I'm doing a restoration job on her.

I cut her head apart, removed & cleaned her eyes, pulled out the densely rooted hair, and made her a lambskin wig.

She has been repainted (lots of thin washes of paint - possibly the most tedious job ever), and has new faux eyelashes.

And, of course, I did not take a before photo - but trust me, it was horrible. She has sleep-eyes, which had developed milky cataracts, and looked completely white, and a lot of thick blonde hair - which I had cut very short (think 80's Madonna - but shorter).

Yes, I had even drawn on the beauty spot...

Incidently, isn't Little-Miss-Five cute?

She's told me that she wants the doll when I'm finished ... we'll see.

(I might grant her naming rights though)

No comments: