Well, I finally got upgraded to the new blogger dashboard - it took forever.
My delightful workmate was upgraded on the first day that Blogger rolled out the changes, and I have been quietly seething with jealousy.
I'm still getting used to the new layout. I like it so far, but then again, I haven't tried anything strenuous with it yet.
No photos today, but I intend to take and post some tonight.
My boy doll is coming along slowly. I'm trying to minimize the number of times each piece is cured. so am being far more careful with each piece as I sculpt, rather than my usual slap-happy approach.
I'm in the middle of refining the legs. I'd been working in a mix of clays (because I like to use a stiffer clay), but I miscalculated the amount of clay that I needed, and I didn't have any white Du-kit left, so his legs and arms are plain ol' SuperSculpey. I intend to mould and cast him when he's done - so it doesn't matter if the prototype is different colours - but I am a little annoyed.
He's going to be double jointed - but I want the knee and elbow pieces to be as unobtrusive as possible.
BECAUSE I NEED MORE CHALLENGES.
The Dragon has been painted. I had a heck of a time with the gloss over the eyeballs. Lumpy and messy. Blergh.
But, he's OK now. Well as OK as a faux "taxidermied" head can be...
I think I'll drill into the neck so that he'll attach to a base better.
I should have done that before painting I guess. Here's hoping he doesn't shatter!
In totally unrelated news, I have an odd rash on my wrist - it itches like hell. Do. Not. Want.