Thursday 13 December 2007

The Ball Jointed Doll


...because I am CRAZY (TM).
She's coming along nicely though...

The Sculpey is all sorts of colours because I have over-cooked some of it. And it does not photograph well! She is much prettier in real life...

I've been rough-scupting then curing, and - while the clay is still hot from the oven - carving back.

All the pieces started as a thin shell of super sculpey over a packing tape wrapped tinfoil shape, cut apart while warm, then superglued back together and then more clay added, sculpted, and then carved.

All her body parts are made - I need to refine a few of the joints. I want to get her cast in resin, so I have a crapload of sanding to do...

Look into my crazy eyes....

Her eyes are quite close together, I ummed and ahhed over whether to fix them, but decided to leave them as-is - I think it makes her look rather intense.

I'm not too happy with her tiny ears. I may have to redo them...


I'm enjoying the heck out of this particular project, I think it appeals to the maths nerd in me.

It may actually get finished.

No comments: